Dell FMX
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Dell FMX

FMX Team's Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Communication Failure Issues

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CM

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2006-11-11

Communication Failure Issues Empty
PostSubject: Communication Failure Issues   Communication Failure Issues Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 6:42 am

Since I've noticed that one of the issues customer might call us is Communication failure. And my caller encountered that type of issue as well. I wanna share how I resolved the problem.

Issue: Customer is getting an error message that says
Quote :
Communication not available

T/S steps:
1. Followed DSN until check Lexbce and had a DellConnect session.

2. Uninstalled driver >Start > All Programs > Dell > Dell printer ? Uninstall something.

3. Restart computer, checked printers and faxes, it's not there. And when I try to reconnect the printer Im still getting the Add hardware wizard, How come cause I already installed driver right?

[i]And I noticed after the restart, on the device manager im getting a bang on the printer. but if you try to check on the Imaging tree, it has the printer successfully connected. so what i did was:

4. On device manager, I right click on the printer under imaging. and Uninstall it right there on the device Manager.

5. And click on the other printer as well, the one which has a Question mark. and uninstall it by right clicking on it.

6. After that, I installed the driver again. it was successful this time. and i checked the printers and drivers, and it's now in there.

ISSUE RESOLVED.

-----------

based on EJ's call try this as well:

1. Set the USB from 2.0 to 1.0 something. Ask EJ how to do that.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Communication Failure Issues   Communication Failure Issues Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2006 2:39 am

Possible Causes:

1. USB Cable
2. USB Port Conflict
3. Drivers (Uninstalling and Reinstalling Driver might help)
4. Operating System is corrupt (Reformat)

You can try to add guys. Let's share our wisdom and knowledge. hehehe
Back to top Go down
http://teamfmx.coolbb.net
leenuie

leenuie

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2006-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Communication Failure Issues   Communication Failure Issues Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2006 6:03 am

Admin wrote:
Possible Causes:

1. USB Cable
2. USB Port Conflict
3. Drivers (Uninstalling and Reinstalling Driver might help)
4. Operating System is corrupt (Reformat)

Just incase you wanna disable the USB controller from booting the printer device. Here are the steps.

1. Restart the computer and continuously tap F2 to go to System BIOS Setup.
2. In the System BIOS Setup, go to USB Controller.
3. Select "No Boot" - The USB controller is enabled; however, the BIOS does not recognize USB storage devices.
4. Press ESC Button and Save Settings then EXIT.
5. Restart the computer and boot normally.
- by Howard S.
Back to top Go down
zel

zel

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2006-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Communication Failure Issues   Communication Failure Issues Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 2:22 am

i also had that same call yesterday, customer's complaining that she's receiving a "communication not available" on her computer screen. cust said that it was the replacement printer that she had received just yesterday. when she plugged the usb cable of the printer to the compter, she received that error message. uverified that there multiple copies of drivers listed on her printers and faxes list. asked her to uninstall the copies using the installation cd and reinstall the printer's software, had her computer restarted and asked her to check if her printer icon is listed on the printers and faxes window, her printer (model: A964) is not listed on that window. i asked her to pull-up the device manager and check for the list of hardware or if there are any conflicting hardware, she said the A964 printer list has a red X-mark on it (found out that the device was disabled). i told her to right click on that particular list, and choose enable device and it prompted her to upgrade the printer software so i just told her to follow the instructions on the screen, asked her to read to me the instructions just to make sure that we're on the same page. restared her computer, went back to the printers and faxes menu, printer icon is shown on the list, had her right clicked on the icon, clicked on ports tab to verify if the "usb virtual printer port" has a checkmark on it.
----issue has something to do with the software conflict because there were multiple copies of printer listed on the printers and faxes menu.
Back to top Go down
http://nazel2139.fotopic.net
zel

zel

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2006-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Communication Failure Issues   Communication Failure Issues Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 2:26 am

and guys, also verify if the "usb virtual printer port" list has a checkmark on it if your customer is having a communication error issue

how to find the ports tab
*****printers and faxes
*****right click on the printer icon
*****properties
*****on the menu, look for ports tab
*****verify if the USB virtual port has been checked
*****if not, check the list hit ok and restart the computer
Back to top Go down
http://nazel2139.fotopic.net
ej

ej

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2006-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Communication Failure Issues   Communication Failure Issues Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 2:29 am

nice one zel!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Communication Failure Issues   Communication Failure Issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Communication Failure Issues
Page 1 of 1